Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Random Stories From a Weird Life

I went out to lunch with a friend today who I've known for about three years.  Somehow we got on the subject of TV shows, and I started telling him a few random stories about my days working on the crew of American Gladiators and a couple other shows in the early 1990's.  After one story he said something like "I've never heard you talk about that before."  My response was something along the lines of, "Yeah, I've got tons of weird stories.  One of my old skate friends keeps telling me I should write a book about my taxi driving days, but I never get around to it."  I've joked now and then about having hardly any money but tons of stories.  I know, everyone has stories.  But not stories of people having sex in their taxi for an hour, or moving Harry Potter's castle (twice) or seeing a mountain lion up close while being homeless.  Oh yeah... and the taxi driver stories, the TV crew guy stories, the furniture mover stories (seriously, there needs to be a furniture mover "reality" show), and homelessness stories, not to mention stories from my BMX and skate industry days.  I've written over 700 BMX stories in previous blogs, and only made it from 1982 to 1987.  In this blog I'll just wander through the memory banks and see what pops up.  Anything to keep you entertained in your cubicle when you're supposed to be working.  We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment